Wednesday, November 14, 2012

band shirts and cold cream

Hi! It's been a hectic couple of days, but I finally have a chance to make another post for you guys! I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it's almost impossible for me to get up and get dressed in the morning when it's freezing cold outside, let alone try to look put together.  Therefore, this morning when I woke up half dead, I just quickly threw on my purple jeans, Let it Be Beatles tank top, and a black sweater.  Don't worry, I also broke out my Northface down winter jacket already because Chicago prematurely decided to start snowing a couple days ago, and now it's in the 30s.  Anyways, as I was thinking about what to write today, I started thinking about what I was wearing and how I love band shirts.  I have always loved band shirts-- I probably couldn't tell you more than a song or two of some of the bands on the shirts I own, but whatever...they're cool, and I love them.  This is a perfect time to whip out these shirts, not only because I'm too lazy in the winter to wear anything that isn't 12045% comfortable, but they're actually in style.  By the way, when I say "band," I also mean solo artists like my all time faaaaav, Bob Marley.

This is what I am wearing now:


Like my super cool pics?



  Here are some more examples:







 



Which do you think is my favorite?! :) 

Also, the best part about this trend is that it's .....CHEAP

If you find something that's expensive, and you want it, that's your prerogative, but my advice about this is to just go to Forever 21 or H&M and get something for 25 bucks or less.

So if you want to wear this during the day........ wear with 








(#3 obviously doesn't need a cardigan)


If you want to wear these tops at night... wear it with..


 



Ok so I put these three first because I know some of you are going to be like "OMG NO WAY" or "That's crazy!!!!" haha 

That's what I thought when I first saw these in stores (which I have) as well.  One of my good friends, Arie, has #3. Yes, when she wears them out, people stare.  However, one wise sales woman once told me, "If people aren't staring, you're doing something wrong."  I'd quote her, but I don't know her name ...she works at the Akira on State Street though :)  


If you are really freaking out and want something a little more subtle, here you go:



Jewelry to wear:

 


WEAR LAYERED NECKLACES AND LOTS OF THEM!

...COLD CREAM...

I have no idea what it is or where it comes from. I can't describe anything about it to you besides the fact that this scenario happened:

At Walgreen with my mom...

Mom - "I want to show you this Ponds Cold Cream"
Me- "What's that?"
Mom- "I dont know. It's Cold Cream. I use it."
Me -"Okay."

So I got it.  You put it on your face like lotion...literally spread that stuff all around.  Then, wash your face with warm water.......and WAALAAHH you're face will be so soft it's scary.  This stuff is like magical or something. That's all I can tell you about it, but I know my face gets dry in the cold weather, and this stuff is my savior.  

Here's a cool Pond's locator --> http://www.ponds.com/StoreLocator

HAPPY HUMP DAY AGAIN

















No comments:

Post a Comment