Thursday, May 16, 2013

CosNo

HI! Finals are done, and I have nothing to do for the week, so I've just been laying out and being a bum.  I was at my friend's apartment this afternoon, and she had a bunch of Cosmos laying out... I came across this article where they (whoever wrote it) was describing different styles and showing how to dress in that way. They had "trendy," "boho," "preppy," and other stuff like that. I started looking at the "boho" one because those are the clothes I like the best. This is what Cosmo had for "boho":



The items Cosmo listed in this category are obviously spot on...maxi skirt, maxi dress, fringe bag, wedges, oversized bulky jewelry.... however, I don't know if you can see, but everything is $$$$$$$$$$$$..

That fringe bag is listed for $60; I have pretty much the exact same one, but from Brandy Melville. This is my bag below


For the maxi skirts...that yellow one in the magazine is $175.  No joke Target has the best maxi skirts.  I have a couple from them, and you will pay like $20 not $100+++

Here are some that I found online... but seriously, just go..it's worth it




These are just a few.  The maxi dress the girl is wearing in the magazine is cute, but not worth $179.  I was wandering around Michigan Ave this afternoon, and saw some cute dress in the window at Express. My friend and I went in, and they have THE CUTEST summer dresses for about $40.  They are pretty plain, which is cute so you could dress them up with jewelry and bags, or you can wear converse-type shoes with them and a jean vest.  Here they are:


You also do not need to 100+ on jewelry either.  Thinking about it, Francescas has bulky-type jewelry for pretty cheap.  The bulkiness of the jewelry is not really even necessary; it's more so the quantity of jewelry and layering.  Go to little boutiques, wait for the art festivals in the streets, go to Forever 21, just don't spend $100 on a necklace when you don't need to.  It is kind of funny that everything shown in this magazine article is pretty expensive under the "boho" category considering that style is pretty opposite of what I would think "expensive" to be--it's more just laid back and effortless. 

Shoedazzle has awesome shoes. I know you are probably thinking it's a really cheap website, and the shoes will probably hurt and fall apart in a day, but that's really not the case. I got the gym shoe wedges from there, and I love them.  Try purchasing a pair of wedges from there. If you don't like them, you can always return.  You'll pay $30 versus again, $100++.



These are just some examples. Also, remember, Forever 21 is always there too. I have awesome black wedges from there that were $30.  

Bottom line, the point I'm trying to get at with all this rambling is that you don't need to spend a lot of money to express your style.  Whether you dress more "boho," "preppy," "trendy," or whatever, you can look just as great with cheaper items.  Although, if you reaaaaaalllllllllyyy like something, then go for it.

I know you all missed my postings sooo much when I was studying for finals, but this is what fashion looks like in the library ;) ;)


Last thing-- earth and moon has aligned, and Chicago has FINALLY warmed up :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment