Friday, May 17, 2013

How to: bake kale chips!

If you know me, which I'm sure the majority of you do, you know that I don't know how to cook. However, one of my friends moms used to make us kale chips all the time, and I finally started making them for myself.  If I am consistently making them, you have to know that this is super easy.  So.. here's how you do it! Give it a try; it's not only really easy, but two cups of kale is only 40 calories for the nutritionists out there.

STEP ONE:
Ingredients:
Kale--Jewel
pan
olive oil
salt


STEP TWO:
Wash the kale



STEP THREE:
Pour a little olive oil on the pan prior to putting the kale on.  Then, put the washed kale on the pan and pour a little more olive oil over the kale along with a little salt.



STEP FOUR:
Set the oven to 350 degrees.


STEP FIVE:
Put the kale in the oven, and set the time for 20 minutes.  Depending on how big the kale pieces are, you may want to leave it in for longer than 20 minutes to make sure they get crunchy.  Just keep checking; it's really at your own discretion.


STEP SIX:
Eat!


By the way, this is pretty filling, but make more than you think you would want because when the kale bakes it shrinks! Enjoy :)







No comments:

Post a Comment