Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A long long time ago...

One day, a long long time ago, in a far away place known as Spitalfields, London, UK...

...the ALL SAINTS store was established

then it expanded globally in 2009...

first in New York (duh)...

and thennnnnn to 

none other than the windy city.

All I have to say about this is thank you Stuart Trevor for finding the one store that has really mastered the SEQUIN SKIRT :)

See examples below:

Disclaimer: before you click the links, just know these are expensive. They are worth it though... I wouldn't misadvise you!
click here --> All Saints Skirt 1

All Saints Skirt 3- -> the name of this skirt "Voltaire" reminds me of Twilight...kinda?


Since these skirts are so extravagant, you have to wear a plain shirt with it.  I would wear a plain black shirt with all four of these.

I know that makes #2 extremely black on black... but I just feel that if you wear a color it not only takes away from the skirt, which is definitely meant to be looked at, but it will look flashy.

You can wear the shirt tucked in or out.  If the shirt is tight, like #1 below, I would tuck it in, if it's loose like #2 below, I would keep it out.

You can wear anything as simple as this (below)

or this...

Here are some other options that aren't as expensive .... but remember don't let it look tacky.. like 7th grade bar/bat mitzvah style a decade ago ;) 

click here---> Lolobu Mango Sequin Skirt


Shorts! These really are more summery... but you can still pull them off for right now, so hurry and get them --> zara sequined shorts


(My friend has this skirt, and it really is kind of long like it looks in the picture. It's still really cute, but if you want a really short sequin skirt, I would not suggest this one).

I personally think that the darker the sequins on the skirt, the classier it looks.  The brighter the sequins,  the flashier it looks-- almost looks like you're going to a disco.

But if that's you're thing, then go for it!

Here's an example:



Anywhere you shop, the sequin skirts you find will be expensive--meaning around $100.00 and up. If you are in a store and you see a sequin skirt that seems fairly cheap.. it probably is.  

If you are shopping online and you see a sequin skirt that also seems rather cheap... you will probably see why once you receive it.

Sequins are not meant to be cheap. If the skirt is, then it is 1. poorly made and will fall apart and 2. uncomfortable and itchy

This sequin skirt below from Shopnastygal.com looks cool! However, it's $48.00....so to me, that's a red flag.


I LOVE SHOPNASTYGAL.COM and will promote for it no matter what... but I wouldn't purchase this one particular item.

I'm also going by personal experience. I once purchased sequin shorts from an online store for like 30/40 bucks and thought I got this great deal... what I told you will happen is exactly what happened. They were itchy, the sequins were falling off the first time I put it on, and it just looked odd and ridiculous.  

Therefore, I wanted to be blunt and lead you in the right direction! Trust me, save the hundred dollars or so and purchase a great trend....I promise you won't regret it :) :) :) :) :) :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment