Thursday, October 11, 2012

OMBRE NAILS

I admit I used to think that the ombre hair style was cool, and I considered doing it for about 12 hours.  However, now that that fad passed, I think it looks tacky and almost greasy. Recently, many of my friends have asked me if I think they should get it and every time I say no.

That being said... even though ombre hair is out, ombre nails are in!

I went into some 10 dollar manicure place close to my apartment and collected colors from their large selection of OPIs, Essies, China Glazes, etc and asked them to do this....
I was with a few of my friends, and we started laughing because the manicurist thought i was coo-coo.  I think she thought I accidentally picked out five different browns instead of just one.  I lined them up in order from darkest to lightest, and we went nail by nail as she made sure she put the correct polish on the designated nail.

In the end, it looked pretty much like this. I wish I had a picture to show you guys because it was pretty cool.  AND no one else had it!

Here are some more ideas


I think the purple looks pretty cool. The blue is nice too, but I think you should have nails a little shorter  than the picture for it, otherwise the nails look a little out there.  That's just my opinion though, and if that's what you like, go for it!

Another trend is painting nails one solid color and putting some gold or silver glitter on the tip of the ring finger.  You could also spread the glitter on all of the fingers, but do it on either the top of the nail or lower by the nail bed so you don't over do it! Here are some examples:

 

Below are a couple of examples that I personally think are "too much"

these two almost remind me of how I would do my nails when I was in junior high when I didn't understand what I was doing!

Again, if that's what you like then rock it out :)

if you have a special occasion to go to, this would be awesome.  It doesn't look too tacky because it's black on black. However, I wouldn't do this as an everyday polish.

two words--> NEW YEARS! I will probably do this for new years. Depending on what color my dress is, I might change the solid color. Again though, I wouldn't do this as an everyday polish.

Don't forget, you can always stick to plain, classy polish that is elegant. (the same color on each nail is what I mean) :)


** all of these pictures were taken from pinterest, so if you want more examples type in "sparkle nails" in the search bar there***


I would take pictures of my own nails, but it would be embarrassing right now! 








No comments:

Post a Comment