Saturday, October 13, 2012

boat cruise/peplum

I promised to show you guys pictures from my boat cruise last night! This is what I wore:

dress from sugarlips.com 
I think it was between 40-50 dollars --> I originally saw it on pinterest and stalked it down until I purchased it :)

it was really cold outside, but the view was cool!

partyyyyyyy 



So now peplum... 

I don't really know what to write about this because this really isn't my style. However, a lot of people love this, which is just what makes the world go round :)  Literally every store has adopted its own version of the peplum skirt, shirt, and dress.  I can't really put my finger on what I don't like about this trend; maybe it will just take me time to get used to.  However, the ones below I do actually think are flattering.



forever21.com
Strapless Peplum Dress $22.80

sheinside.com
White Sleeveless Spot Print Zip Back Peplum T-Shirt $30.24

sheinside.com
Black and Red V-Neck Sleeveless Peplum Bodycon Dress $52.48



Tobi.com
Tobi Quinn Peplum Top in Gold $52.00

Tobi.com
Tobi Peplum in Your Step Top in Black $30.00

forever21.com 
Duo-Toned Lace Peplum Dress $24.80

threadsence.com 
Safari Ventures Tube Top $19.50 on sale ONE LEFT!

revolveclothing.com 
Backstage Jessica Peplum Top in Comic $132.00

revolveclothing.com
keepsake Shutterbug Dress in White $165.00

revolveclothing.com 
Ladakh Alanah Stretch Suede Dress in Cobalt $85.00

shopbop.com
Alice and Olivia Peplum Tank Dress with Ruch $198.00

threadsence.com 
Toxic Coral Peplum Top $32.00

I see people wearing peplum out at bars a lot, which is interesting.  The peplum trend, to me, is kind of more of a classier professional look.  Not so much the tube tops, but the dresses remind me of something one would wear to a wedding or out for a night time work event of some sort. 

 Obviously, the two threadsence tops could be worn out, but I'm talking about the majority of the looks.

For the girls that can pull this off, more power to you, and I'm sure it looks great on you.  Maybe I'm just too short or something for this :) (5'1) We can't win 'em all!


FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO SEE SOME PEPLUM ON THE RUNWAY, CLICK THE LINK BELOW :)

http://fashionloco.blogspot.com/2012/10/boat-cruisepeplum.html


No comments:

Post a Comment