Friday, October 12, 2012

vests

I remember when I was in 5th grade my family took a vacation to New York City.  My dad struck up a conversation with some salesperson who repeatedly told him that vests were the new up and coming trend.  Since NYC knows all... he tried to persuade me to let him get me one (I'm the only child). I refused all the way to Chicago.

Good thing I did not start this blog when I was 11 years old because within months, everyone was wearing these puffy vests below.
(google needed to assist me to find this item)

Ever since then, vests have continued to somehow remain popular (they are like the Britney Spears of clothing--that one was for you Emily Pickard) Now, I remember for my sweet 16 two of my friends bought me this awesome North Face vest below.
This I actually do still have. It is VERY warm.
(thanks again google) 


Now that we are over a decade into the 21st century, vests have transcended from the waterproof-poofy  material to pieces of clothing that really embellish an outfit.

I really like the jean and leather vests.

The first time I saw the jean vest was on Kristin Cavallari in one of the final episodes of The Hills. I remember she was sitting at a table talking to JB, and they were both wearing cut offs.
See below.

(google again!)

However, now these vests are everywhere, and they are awesome.

Here are some examples:

Revolveclothing.com True Religion Roxanna Filted Vest $178.00

Threadsence.com Denim Rebel Zipper Vest $60.00

Nordstrom.com BP Sleeveless Denim Vest *Juniors* $49.00

Urbanoutfitters.com Levi's Venim Trucker Vest $68.00

Urbanoutfitters.com BDG Cutoff Denim Vest $58.00

Urbanoutfitters.com BDG Studded Cross Denim Vest $79.00

You can literally wear a jean vest with anything.
1. You can wear it over a zip up sweatshirt with the hood out
2. Over a tank top tucked in to a maxi skirt
3. Over a t-shirt
4. Over a tank top tucked in to shorts 
5. Over a short sleeve or sleeveless tight dress 
6. Over a high-low dress
...the list can go on... this is such a versatile piece, so take advantage of it!...

Next are the black leather vests. These are harder to pull off. I REALLY like the look, but I don't think my personality matches it. If yours does, rock it.

Nordstrom.com Two by Vince Camuto Zip Back Leather Vest $349.00 
(I know expensive, keep scrolling!)

Revolveclothing.com GSTAR Comic 5260 Leather Vest $270.00
(I know, still expensive, keep scrolling!)

Urbanoutfitters.com Silence and Noise Faux Leather Moto Vest $79.00

Sheinside.com Black Notch Label Biker PU Leather Zip Vest $46.16


AND THE WINNER IS...
hm.com Vest $34.95
(sorry a little blury)
This is the cheapest AND my favorite.

I feel like I have to have the personality of the girl with the dragon tattoo in order to pull this off. However, when people do pull it off, it looks bomb.

I think I would like this best with a white baggy tank top and grey washed out (maybe slightly ripped) jeans.

You could also wear the vest like this below:

                                                                              Revolveclothing.com        
                                                                              Made Slub Jersey Side Drape Cami $34.00

tucked in to..

          
 revolveclothing.com Please Doing Business 8 Band Half $198.00
I really like this purple.

To make this pop you also need...



left- shopbop.com Adia Kibur Layered Ombre Chain Necklace $65.00
right- shopbop.com Avant Garde Paris Lana Necklace $172.00
bottom-shopbop.com House of Harlow 1960 Station Leather Necklace $75.00 IN BLACK ONLY

You definitely need a necklace with this outfit, and either of these three (or any variation of) would enhance the outfit.

Wear this, and you'll make Lisbeth Salander look modest :)


Tonight I am going to my school's Boat Cruise, so I promise I'll start putting up picture of what I am wearing!

















No comments:

Post a Comment