Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Body Con eeeek

I'm not a thesaurus.. but I interpret the fashion trend of "body con" to mean... wearing skin tight skirts and dresses

Obviously, this started with the Please Doing Business with You skirt (or at least in my mind it did). If you don't know what this is..it's the picture right below!
 revolveclothing.com $116.00

I have this skirt in a dark grey color. It is phenomenal.  You can wear shirts tucked in, shirts left out, tights, no tights, whatever you want.  Since Chicago weather decided to kill us with cold weather, I would suggest wearing tights now. It is so abnormally tight that it sucks literally everything in no matter what size you are. It's perfect. If you don't have one, I promise you you'll love it if you go out and purchase one!

My friend has the exact skirt above, and she wears it with a flowy black top, tucked in with black tights, black chunky heels (similar to the Michael Kors one from my business casual post), and a black blazer. --It always looks very well put together. 

Nordstroms, Cusp, Neimans, and Bebe all sell similar skirts. I got mine at Cusp, which is owned by Neimans, so I'm sure you could get the dark grey there too.


HOWEVERRRRRRRR .... now I have seen girls consistently wearing "body con" dresses out at night, and the ones that wear them correctly, really do NOT look trashy at all. They are actually very flattering and cool looking.

Here are some examples:
Revolveclothing.com -->Motel Kelly Dress $46.00 on sale from $70.00
Revolveclothing.com -->Motel Ava Strapless Colorblock dress $40.00 on sale from $80.00
....putting two fashion trends together in one.... :)
Shopbop.com -->Tbags Los Angeles $176.00
I want this one. This would look REALLY cool with a short black or brown leather jacket.
Revolveclothing.com -->Boulee Ciara Cut Out Dress in Fuchsia $195.00
Don't wear any jewelry with this besides possibly VERY SIMPLE earrings and a very thin gold bracelet (also shown in business casual post from shopbop.com)

I have seen this dress on people when they are out, and it really does look cute. I know you are thinking that the girl in the picture is a model, but if you see this at a store while you are shopping, try it on, or buy it online to try, because you might surprise yourself and love it!

If you go to music festivals of any sort, buy this top below. I promise you won't feel left out. I personally would not wear this out unless I was going to a concert, but to each her own!

Threadsence.com -->Summer Intrigue Crop Top $32.00

Revolveclothing.com --> Naven 2 Tone Cutout Dress $264.00 (not skin tight, but close)
This dress actually strikes me as very classy.  I can picture this with my studded back beige Vince Camuto heels below.
I own these. I had to find this image on google.com images to show you guys what I'm talking about. I got these at Nordstrom (at the store) last year, and they are the most comfortables shoes I own. If you have read my other posts, these are the Camuto shoes I said I own that are destroyed because I have worn them so much :)  Last I heard, from a saleswoman at Nordstrom, they are old and were sent to Nordstrom Rack. If you like them, try there!

....Just so you know....
I have looked on websites like forever21.com to find things to show you guys, (since that is cheaper)  but it is hard to tell what clothes are really like on that website. I don't want to show you something I'm not sure about! 

Urbanoutfitters.com --> Sparkle and Fade Body Con Bandage Dress $39.99
This is the dress version of the skirt I showed you at the top. I have no idea why it is so cheap here, but take advantage of it. EVERYONE can wear this dress. It's so tight it just sucks everything in! (not saying anyone needs it to!)...again, white is staying in this season even though Labor Day has passed..so still wear it!


If you want to be SUPER fancy... and SPLURGE....this is from dum dum dum.....THE ROW :) 
from Barneys.com Mason by Michelle Mason two tone dress $660.00


Remember that even if you are apprehensive about trying these "body con" dresses (or the skirt or top), just know that you might surprise yourself and realize how flattering they can be! 


Ps. I found this video for you guys..tips on how to wear the American Apparel body con dress. The one she is talking about I thin is the Cotton Spandex Jersey Double U-Neck and is $44.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdzxVp8mneg




No comments:

Post a Comment