Wednesday, October 10, 2012

velvet?

I'm not really a big fan (yet) of the new velvet trend... but I'm trying to show you guys what's in style now and what's coming up soooooooo here you go!

*** although this isn't huge now, I do have a feeling it will increase in popularity throughout the winter

Nordstrom.com -->Velvet by Graham and Spencer Surplice Jersey Sheath Dress 
$128.00
This is actually kind of cute...seems pretty warm and not too out there.

Nordstrom.com --> Citizens of Humanity Skinny Velvet Pants
$194.00
I actually feel like these pants would look good with this shirt below.
Joie "Yogini" Layered Surplice Blouse
Nordstrom.com --> $248.00 

with..... 


Nordstrom.com Fendi "Fendista" Pump $830.00
....or lets be real....
Besty Johnson Gillian Pump
Nordstrom.com $149.95

The shoes need to be light beige and plain because the pants stand out.

topshop.com Red and Black Velvet Shorts 

wear the red short with the following below...
forever21.com Scalloped lace cami $12.80 TUCKED IN
jean jacket --> topshop.com Moto Sparkle Yoke Crop Jacket 48 Euros 

The red shorts, with the black tank top tucked in and the jean jacket on top would look awesome.

pair the black short with the shirt below:
topshop.com Cream Scallop Vest Jersey..15 Euros 
--> I picked this top because my friend has it, so I know what it looks like in person. It's very flattering. Tuck in the front, leave the back untucked.

shopbop.com Signature Velvet Scarf $115.00

I think this scarf would be a great accent to a loose red t- shirt with flared jeans. Look below
Shirt- shopbop.com American Vintage Slubby Cotton V Neck T-Shirt with Short Sleeves $79.16
Jeans- Nordstrom.com Textile Elizabeth and James Flare Leg Stretch Jeans $225.00
Don't tuck the shirt in.



Had to show you THE ROW of course... Stretch Velvet Leggings www.5thvillage.com $990.00

I know a lot of these are expensive, but the more popular this trend gets, the cheaper the items will get. I PROMISE! 

aaand after researching this stuff, I actually like the velvet style a lot more.










No comments:

Post a Comment