Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Business Casual

Someone asked me to do a post about fall business casual clothes.  The first thing I think of when I hear "business attire" is the category of shops such as JCrew, Banana Republic, The Limited, Express, etc..

I majored in math/elementary education, and when I had to student teach I would go shopping at these stores in search for "teacher clothes." I just assumed that these stores were the only way for me to look put together enough where my students would think I looked older than 16.  (I'm 23, but I look much younger..it's annoying)

I tired to put together a few outfits below from various places that I would wear. Considering various jobs require different dress codes, I'll try my best to show you a variety of clothes to wear!

dress pants.. hutton trouser in wool flannel--> JCrew --> $158.00 BUY THESE BECAUSE THEY WILL LAST YOU A WHILE AND GO WITH LITERALLY EVERYTHING! (you can also wear them multiple times in a row with different tops and no one would notice :) ) 

YOU CAN WEAR THE PANTS ABOVE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SHIRTS AND IT WOULD LOOK GREAT! 
Tobi.com, Gabrielle Tank Top in Beige, $40.00 --> probably tuck this in, but if it's too short it would also look good out.. not sure if see through so you may need a tight beige tank underneath. (forever21 for like 2 bucks literally)
Tobi.com, Collar Flip Button Up Blouse in Ivory, $30.00 --> tuck it in..definitely see through so wear a  plain white tank underneath. (you can also wear this out like the girl in the photo is, so you'd get multiple uses out of it)
Tobi.com..Georgia Button Blouse in Deep Toupe.. $26.00
doesn't appear to be see through, but don't wear a black bra under it to work obviously!
tuck it in too
Tobi.com..Dip to it Shirt in Violet..$36.00
this is more casual.. but depending on whatever your job is, it's a collared shirt so it could work 
tuck it in. wear white tank under.
Tobi.com .. Chevy Blouse in Black and Ivory.. $35.00 
this is more conservative. This shirt tucked in to the black JCrew pants above reminds me of an outfit my friend would wear to work at Accenture (consulting company).


So now you have a variety of shirts to wear with those black pants.  For shoes I would suggest the following booties from NORDSTROM!
DV by Dolce Vita "Nisha" Boot $118.95
Michael Kors Leslie Bootie $199.95

Corso Como Lexie Boot $159.95
(only wear if the shirt you wear them with is white, beige or brown)

If you are into flats... these are great below!

BP Mindy Ballet Flat $49.95 
Vince Camuto Fawna Flat $88.95 (white is still in this season so don't stop wearing it!)
Ps. Vince Camuto shoes are really comfortable..I've worn mine so many times they are destroyed
Lastly, these are the Tory Burch Caroline Elastic Trim Ballerina Flat $225.00
I'm not really a big "flats" person myself (I think they make my feet look weird), but I have always loved these. My mom has them, and she loves them too :)


Now that those outfits are done with... I think it always looks good when people pull off awesome blazers.

Below are the JCrew Minnie Pant in stretch twill..they are $89.50, but select colors are $49.99. I would have no idea what these were if it weren't for my friend dragging me into JCrew about a month ago to try these on.  You can't really tell in the picture, but they are like skinny black pants. They sort of have the material of jeggings, and you would think they would not be suitable for work, but when she put them on they looked awesome. On, they look like they are dress pants..........but they are more comfortable.
So with these I would wear a looser white tank top as shown below from Urbanoutfitters.com for $14.00
 (I would get a size bigger so it's a little longer and looser for work, but you can get this anywhere)

WITH....
any of the following blazers from Shopnastygal.com


1. Bryan Blazer $54.60
2. (bottom left) Neon Bloom Blazer $58.00
3. (bottom middle) Trimmed Blazer $78.00
4. Isla Blazer $58.00

I think Shopnastygal.com (I know the name sounds awkward) has really cute/fun blazers that aren't plain and boring, but still look professional.

You can wear these looks with any of the shoes above as well.


These are simple jewelry pieces to wear with anything to work.
earrings.. shopbop.com $20.00 --> Geometry Earrings




 
Adia Kilbur Mixed Ring Set $20.00 --> shopbop.com

Gorjana bracelet...shopbop.com $48.00

Juliet and Company Earrings ...shopbop.com $50.00
House of Harlow necklace..shopbop.com $75.00
I know you all have probably seen this necklace everywhere for the past year and a half at least.. but it's a classic, and you can really wear it with everything; it's so versatile.

IF YOU WANT TO SPLURGE.........click this link http://www.shopbop.com/accessories-jewelry/br/v=1/2534374302024617.htm?baseIndex=0 and look at the Alexis Bittar jewelry. She is my favorite (besides yurman, but her prices are more practical).  All of her stuff is awesome, and you can wear it to work, out to dinner, out at a bar, anywhere you want, and you will look like a million bucksssssss 
here are some pictures from the link above, but check it out for yourself because it's worth it.
 


Alexis Bittar is also sold at Intermix and at a store called Space 519 in the 900 building on Michigan Avenue for those of you that live in Chicago.


I hope this helps! 













2 comments:

  1. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    Homecoming Dresses

    ReplyDelete