Monday, October 15, 2012

plaid

I love plaid! I don't have a lot of it, but I'm excited that it's pretty popular now.

I have this plaid long sleeve shirt/sweater thing from Aritzia. I got it last year at some point, and I remember I almost didn't buy it. The salesgirl said to me, "I own this. You're going to regret not buying it because it's so comfortable."  Of course, I was like, "Well if you say so," and immediately bought it. 


I like wearing it with either my American Apparel "Shiny Nylon Tricot Leggings" $34.00, which are pictured below. Click this link for them. http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=rnt38

Shoes: nordstrom.com
Minnetonka 3-Layer Fringe Boot $89.05 (below)
*mine are two-layer, but I think I like the three better; I don't know if you can tell, but I'm in need of a new pair* 


Shoes: these I got at the Akira shoe store on State Street in Chicago last year. I have been there plenty of times subsequent to purchasing them, but they don't seem to have them anymore :(

I also like wearing this with these lululemon leggings below:
lululemon.com
Wunder Under Crop $72.00



I really like green plaid. This shirt is from forever 21! 

I can't find the exact one, but these are similar below.

forever21.com
Buffalo Plaid Chiffron Shirt $19.90
This is a little brighter.. but still green.


revolveclothing.com
Joe's Jeans Western Shirt in Navy/Hunter
$129.00

shopbop.com
Haute Hippie Collared Plaid Blouse $185.00

********IF THERE IS WHITE IN THE GREEN PLAID SHIRT, IT MAKES THE SHIRT LIGHTER AS A WHOLE, EVEN IF THE MAIN COLOR IS DARK GREEN. I WOULDN'T WEAR BLACK PLANTS/LEGGINGS WITH SHIRTS LIKE THAT (AS IN THE ONE PICTURED ABOVE). WEAR DARKER SKINNY BLUE JEANS INSTEAD WITH BROWN BOOTS***********

example:
tobi.com
J Brand 10" Lowrise Skinny Ankle Jeans $169.00

nordstrom.com
Slwy "Leona" Skinny Stretch Jeans (Odyssey) $185.00

Aldoshoes.com
FASTROST $120.00

I'm sorry the image is on its side; I can't figure out how to rotate it!! I needed to show you these anyways though :)

Aldoshoes.com
DONAVANA $69.99

Here are more plaid colors!

Urbanoutfitters.com
byCORPUS Burnout Flannel Shirt $59.00
** I would wear with black pants**


revolveclothing.com
C & C California Sierra Plaid Long Sleeve $58.00

*You can wear this with black bottoms (even though there is a lot of white in the shirt) because the blue in the shirt would look silly with blue jeans** 


Revolveclothing.com
UNIF Bare Shoulders Blouse $90.00
**I would wear with black pants**


MY VIEW: darker the shirt, black pants
lighter the shirt (with a lot of white, except if the shirt is blue), jeans.

Below are some more examples of plaid shirts I would wear with dark skinny jeans, not black pants:

Asos.com
DKNY Biscuit Long Sleeve Sleepshirt $89.71

(I know it says to sleep in this, I'm just giving examples of the color though!) 

Bloomingdales.com
C & C California Shirt Brushed Colorblock Plaid Roll Sleeve Pocket $98.00

Bloomgindales.com
Free People Shirt Flyaway Plaid Button Down $98.00

Target.com
Xhilaration@Juniors Long Sleeve Top Assorted $19.99






















No comments:

Post a Comment